Donington Park GP
Donington Park was first opened in 1931 when it used the paths and tracks of Donington Hall as its race circuit. For the first couple of years only bikes raced around the circuit until 1933 when the track was resurfaced and extended to allow cars to race. The circuit like may others was closed during the Second World War and used as a military vehicle depot for several years. Many plans to reopen the circuit fell through until Builder & Wheatcroft finally reopened the circuit and set about rebuilding the circuit following the old track apart from the removing the hairpin and hill top sections. The revised track reopened in 1977. Then in 1985 the Melbourne loop was added giving the choice of two circuits and the racing has never stopped since. In 1993 Donington park held the European F1 and just this year Donington is going to be the new host of British F1 again with the announcement that it will be holding the 2010 British Grand Prix. Doinginton has major plans to redevelop the facilities and the circuit.